#473. Rosemary's Baby (1968, Roman Polanski)




Have I Seen It Before?: Yes


Thoughts Before Viewing: This is one of my all time favorite films.  I hadn't seen it in several years.  My recent re-watch of Repulsion (1965) really put me in the mood to revisit this one.





Running Time: 137 minutes
Directed By: Roman Polanski
Written By: Roman Polanski
Primary Cast: Mia Farrow, John Cassavetes, Ruth Gordon



Summary: A young couple moves into an apartment only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences.  When the wife becomes mysteriously pregnant, paranoia over the safety of her unborn child begins to control her life.



My Thoughts: Holy wow this is a masterpiece of horror.  This has some of the most spectacular atmosphere I've ever seen in a film.  It's tied with Stanley Kubrick's The Shining as my all time favorite horror film.  I just can't get enough of its slow burner vibe, the soundtrack, the apartment location and the overall mystical approach.  It's one of those films I find myself 100% absorbed in from start to finish.



I truly can't think of another film like this.  Simply a masterpiece of horror, suspense and mood.  It's completely unique in the horror genre and maybe my personal favorite one.



Does It Belong In The Book?: Yes.  A timeless masterpiece of horror/suspense.  Such an unforgettable atmosphere.



My Rating: 10/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)