Have I Seen It Before?: Yes Running Time: 165 minutes Directed By: Richard Linklater Written By: Richard Linklater Primary Cast: Ellar Coltrane, Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke Summary: The life of Mason, from early childhood to his arrival at college. My Thoughts: This is one of my all time favorite films. Truly a special one of a kind cinematic experience that I hold dearly. This is the kind of film I just love coming back to every few years or so. It never fails to move me deeply. It's full of endless warmth, joy, reflection, honesty and depth. Simply the greatest coming of age film I've ever seen. It brings me so much joy to know a film this good exists that explores childhood all throughout the 2000's (I'm a few years older than Mason, so I naturally connect with being a child in this time period). What really struck me on this viewing is how it isn't characters themselves are that makes this film work so well. I...
Comments
Post a Comment