Paranoid (1970)


An all time hard rock classic.  I go way back with this one.  It has a timeless sound.  The bass playing in particular is a strong personal influence.



1. War Pigs- ****1/2
An all time classic metal anthem for a good reason.  Timeless rocker.

2. Paranoid- *****
A timeless masterpiece.  My favorite on the album.  Heavily influential to me and my perception of musicianship when I was younger.  It's simple, yet never fails to be completely awesome.

3. Planet Caravan- ****1/2
I remember not liking this one when I was younger but now it's one of my favorites.  So ethereal.  I think getting into jazz is why I love this one now.

4. Iron Man- ****1/2
Who doesn't love this one??  An all time classic.

5. Electric Funeral- ****
Slightly weaker than the previous four but awesome all the same.

6. Hand Of Doom- ****1/2
Very dark anti-drug song.  One of the most powerful on the album and a personal favorite.

7. Rat Salad- ***1/2
Weakest song on the album but still good.  Awesome opening guitar riff but the drum solo slows the album's momentum down a bit.  Basically serves the same purpose Moby Dick off Led Zeppelin II.

8. Fairies Wear Boots- ****1/2
I just can't get enough of this riff.  So awesome.  Concludes the album on a memorable note.



My Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)