Fragile (1971, Yes)


A great progressive rock album.  One of the most upbeat and fun ones I've heard.  Although it isn't without corny and plain odd moments, it's consistently awesome from start to finish.  Such lively instrumentation.  A go to summer record for me.


1. Roundabout- *****
Who doesn't love this one?? Just a perfect progressive rock song in every way.  So fun and over the top in the best way possible.  Insanely good instrumentation.


2. Cans And Brahms- ****
Sounds like a progressive rock take on classical.  Yeah it's pretty corny but I really enjoy it for some reason.


3. We Have Heaven- ****
This one is completely ridiculous but I enjoy it greatly.


4. South Side Of The Sky- *****
I'vc come to realize this is my personal favorite on the album.  Such a massive soundscape this creates.  Sports one of my favorite Yes guitar riffs.


5. Five Percent For Nothing- ***
Eh don't really care for this one.  Just aimless noodling.


6. Long Distance Runaround- ****1/2
Always loved this one.  Makes me think of chilling out on a hot summer day.  Such pretty guitar.


7. The Fish- ****
Cool spacey song.


8. Mood For A Day- ****
Good stuff.  A little goofy but I enjoy it.


9. Heart Of The Sunrise- ****1/2
Cool jazzy prog rock song.  Kind of reminds me of Frank Zappa at times.


My Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)