#129. The Wizard Of Oz (1939, Victor Fleming)





Have I Seen It Before?: Yes



Running Time: 102 minutes
Directed By: Victor Fleming
Written By: Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson
Primary Cast: Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger


Summary: Dorothy Gale is swept away from a farm in Kansas to a magical land in Oz in a tornado and embarks on a quest with her new friends to see the Wizard who can help her return home in Kansas and help her friends as well.


My Thoughts: This is just a timeless and endlessly magical film.  Everyone has seen or at least heard of it.  This takes me back to plenty of fond childhood memories of watching this with my grandmother, so naturally I have plenty of sentimentality attached with this one.  But it's honestly just a great film at any age.  The music is absolutely catchy and fun, the technicolor is stunning (goodness I bet people were blown away in 1939) and it's just an all around charming film. 


Does It Belong In The Book?: Absolutely.  A groundbreaking film for its time and timeless.  This is a film that all ages can enjoy.


My Thoughts: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)