Raw Power (1973)


One of the most aggressive and hard rocking albums I've ever heard.  It makes most rock seem tame by comparison, everything is cranked up to 11 here.


1. Search And Destroy- ****1/2
Great rocker.

2. Gimme Shelter- *****
Excellent slower jam (still hard, just in context of the album).  My favorite one.  Very unique sound.

3. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell- ****
Kind of a dumb song but so awesome.

4. Penetration- ****
Cool jam.

5. Raw Power- ****1/2
Probably the most upbeat on the album.  The title definitely delivers on what it claims to be.

6. I Need Somebody- ****
Cool slow, yet hard jam

7. Shake Appeal- ****
Cool song, that guitar riff makes me want to dance.

8. Death Trip- ****
Maybe a little too long but awesome riff with some blistering guitar solos.



My Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)