#527. Get Carter (1971, Mike Hodges)



Have I Seen It Before?: No


Thoughts Before Viewing: I really don't know what to expect with this one.  Surprisingly enough, I've never seen a Michael Caine film (outside of the Dark Knight trilogy) so this will be an interesting watch.



Running Time: 112 minutes
Directed By: Mike Hodges
Written By: Mike Hodges
Primary Cast: Michael Caine, Ian Hendry, Britt Ekland


Summary: When his brother dies under mysterious circumstances in a car accident, London gangster Jack Carter travels to Newcastle to investigate.


My Thoughts: I really couldn't get into this one for the most part.  Just seemed like a typical British gangster film to me, most of which I seem to have a difficult time getting into.  I did like the ending and the soundtrack was great at times.  Michael Caine plays a very good cold, calculated character but overall this just seems to me like a lesser version of Dirty Harry (1971) and The French Connection (1971).



Does It Belong In The Book: Eh, I guess.  It plays its role in important British gangster films. 


My Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)