Blonde On Blonde (1966)



A bold, rocking epic with a timeless mystical air that always keeps me compelled.  I discover something new every time I revisit it.



1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35- ****1/2
An awesome stoner satire.  I just love its sloppy waltz vibe.  Sounds like everyone in the studio was having a party.

2. Pledging My Time- ****
It's a filler blues rock jam but it's awesome.

3. Visions Of Joanna- *****
An absolute beauty.  One of Bob's very best achievements.  Love the mystical air.

4. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)- *****
Absolutely amazing song.  I always fall into it big time when I hear it.  I particularly love how excitable the instrumentation gets in the chorus.

5. I Want You- *****
Just a perfect folk pop song.  Absolutely love its unique vibe.

6. Stuck Inside Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again- *****
My favorite song on the album.  Just a perfect groove in every way.  Very surreal lyrics.  I never want it to end.

7. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat- ****1/2
I know it's kind of a filler track but I find it hilarious and awesome.

8. Just Like A Woman- ****1/2
Very intriguing mystical song.  Excellent lyrics.

9. Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine- ****1/2
Awesome bouncy carnival-esque song.  Its vibe is a real one of a kind.

10. Temporary Like Achilles- ***1/2
The only song on the album that does bore me a bit.  Still good though.

11. Absolutely Sweet Marie- ****
Filler but awesome.  Love that organ riff.

12. 4th Time Around- ****1/2
Really enjoy this one.  Apparently it's a response to The Beatles' Norwegian Wood.

13. Obviously 5 Believers- ****
Another great filler blues jam.  Sounds like an homage to 50s rockabilly.

14. Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands- *****
A masterpiece that fully warrants its 12 minute running time.  What a gorgeous song.  A love song that doesn't even utter the four letter word.  Not a song to be understood but to be felt.


My Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)