#693. The Big Chill (1983, Lawrence Kasdan)



Have I Seen It Before?: No


Thoughts Before Viewing: This is a title that I've always heard of but have no idea what it's about.  I'm going into this one blind.  Sounds relatively interesting.  I tend to love ensemble type films.






Running Time: 105 minutes
Directed By: Lawrence Kasdan
Written By: Lawrence Kasdan, Barbara Benedek
Primary Cast: Tom Berenger, Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum


Summary: A group of former college students gather for a weekend reunion at a South Carolina house after the funeral of one of their friends.



My Thoughts: This couldn't have been more middle of the road for me.  I really don't have anything good or bad to say about it.  It is just kind of there.  I didn't really see anything unique this had to offer.  I didn't find the characters that engaging.  Maybe it's one of those "you just had to be there" type of films.  It comes off like a typical "reunion" type of film that has been done many times.  I don't understand the classic status here.



Does It Belong In The Book?: Not really.  I don't see what originality this had to offer. 



My Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)