#507. The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (1970, Dario Argento)


Have I Seen It Before?: No



Running Time: 96 minutes
Directed By: Dario Argento
Written By: Dario Argento
Primary Cast: Tony Musante, Suzy Kendall, Enrico Maria Salerno


Summary: A witness of an attack, a writer becomes stalked by a serial killer.


My Thoughts: I was pretty underwhelmed by this one.  I've absolutely loved the two Dario Argento films I've seen (Deep Red (1975) and Suspiria (1977)).  I felt like this was essentially a much lesser Deep Red.  I really don't have anything to complain about here, it just seems dated now that we have films doing this kind of thing much better.  For a Dario Argento film, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of over the top color schemes and, for the most part, a low key soundtrack (especially coming from Ennio Morricone of all people). 


Does It Belong In The Book?: Yes.  The blueprint for the slasher horror genre, although films like Deep Red (1975) and Halloween (1978) greatly improve upon it.


My Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#479. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968, Stanley Kubrick)

The List (In Order Of Viewing)

Pink Moon (1972)